Thursday, July 31, 2008

Video Junkie

It's official, I am becoming a video junkie.  I absolutely LOVE making videos!  You tell me you want me to video an event, my mind immediately starts brainstorming, thinking of different shots that I want to capture, different angles that I could shoot from, all the way to the final product, what music to use, how to organize the final product, what transitions to use between clips.  I'm a little bit insane about it, actually.  

This past weekend the women at my church back home did their own version of the Amazing Race.  At the last minute, my mom asked me to come home and be one of the videographers for the event.  I didn't think much about it beforehand, but as soon as I had that camera in my hand, the ideas started flowing.  I started thinking about how I was going to put the final video together, and I made each of the teams introduce themselves to the camera, I started thinking about what shots could show that it wasn't just a game but a community-building activity, I was a busy bee of activity, trying to get as many different angles as I could.  I was assigned to be at one leg of the race where they had to row a boat around a small pond, and before each team got there, I envisioned in my head how many different places around the pond I could shoot from, and thought of creative ways to capture what each team did, so that all of them didn't end up looking the same.  I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!!  

Man, I wish I was rich and could buy a video camera and some good editing equipment.  Sigh...

No comments: